Monday, April 14, 2014

I'm tired

I'm tired and I would really like my energy back. 4 weeks and hopefully sooner.  Really.  I don't want to cook or hardly do anything.  By the time I get kids off to school and the kitchen cleaned I am completely spent.  When lunch and dinner come around it is rare that I feel I have enough energy to cook something.  And it is becoming a very bad thing for my family and my progress in this goal.  Ugh.

Tonight was one of those nights I did have energy though.  I made pink quesadillas.  I thought them quite delicious!  The rest of the family not so much.  My husband thought they were OK. One of those things I am happy to have the leftovers.

Still struggling with salads and green smoothies.  Go figure.  They should be the easiest thing. Every morning I get up and vow I will drink a smoothie for breakfast.  Time gets away from me and it's just easier to do something else. Like granola. or a whole wheat pumpkin muffin.  I told my kids earlier this year that if they stopped eating cold cereal I would cook for them eggs or pancakes in the morning.  They requested pumpkin muffins last week and I used coconut sugar and whole wheat.  Today I halved the sugar and they were still tasty!  The kids had no idea. I'm also making a lot of crepes and pancakes.  Sometimes eggs. They still insist on lemon juice and brown sugar for the crepes and chocolate chips for the pancakes but I make them be conservative and the whole wheat thing is still a step in the right direction. Right?  We also tried "German" pancakes this week with whole wheat flour.  Um. Yum!  I like them BETTER than the standard white!  I was quite surprised.  And they still, surprisingly, puffed up in the oven.

So- I still have a ways to go with my goals but I AM trying. The sugar thing is real easy now.  Not even a temptation.  Do I have a sweet tooth still? yes.  and no.  It depends.  But I really don't care for nor no longer lack the courage to say no to refined sugar stuff.   I feel like the pregnancy is finally at a point where it is truly impeding me but it is ALMOST over!!!! Yay!  I continue to try real hard with the salads and smoothies......

No comments:

Post a Comment